Fiji has been visited by vacationers and honeymooners for many years because of its tropical paradise like atmosphere, but many people know very little about these islands. When planning cheap Fiji holidays, take time to learn more about these hidden treasures.
Getting There is Easier Than You Think
Many flights and travel packages are available to get you there, and once there, you can choose to travel by car, train, cab or even horseback. Hotels in the area can also arrange your transportation for certain events.
Fiji Has Stunning Beaches
Fiji is well known for its warm temperate climate and local culture, but it’s the beaches that bring the tourists. Fiji has 300 islands that attract visitors to its white sandy beaches on the main island or to the black volcanic sand beaches that dot the shores of the various islands. Beaches in this region can compete with some of the more famous ones worldwide for their beauty.
The Fiji Islands Started as a Volcano
The volcanic activity that formed the Fiji islands have allowed lush tropical forests and wildlife to flourish. One way to plan for cheap Fiji Holidays is to think about a backpacking trip or nature tour on one of the islands.
Culture is Rich in Fiji
Fiji is a melting pot of Chines and European traditions, as well as the indigenous Indians that live there. The Indian culture continues to be practiced daily through food, art, architecture and dance. Many holidays, such as Christmas, New Years, Easter and the queens birthday are celebrated in Fiji.
Water Sports Abound
Because of the beautiful beaches and the temperate waters, scuba diving and snorkeling are very popular among the locals and tourists alike. Fiji also has some of the best coral reefs in the world, and these areas are rife with scuba divers getting an up close look.
Fiji Offers Unique Resorts
One of the most popular ways to stay in Fiji is in an over the water bungalow, commonly known as a bure. Imagine staying in a tranquil, serene lagoon, right on top of the water, with views of the ocean, trees and natural wildlife.
Sports are Popular
Rugby is the sport of Fiji. If you have never seen a rugby game, watching one here is a real treat. Their national rugby union team most recently won the 2007 World Cup for Rugby.
Fiji is a Grand Wedding Destination
Fiji hosts many weddings on it’s white sandy beaches, and offers honeymooners a private oasis for celebrating a new marriage.
Fiji has National Parks
Fiji has many national parks you can visit. Whether you hike or take a tour, the parks are a great way to see the natural beauty of Fiji.
The Fiji Islands Started as a Volcano
The volcanic activity that formed the Fiji islands have allowed lush tropical forests and wildlife to flourish. One way to plan for your holiday is to think about a backpacking trip or nature tour on one of the islands.
Phuket, Thailand is a common, exciting travel location for visitors to the Southeast Asian nation from all around the world. From lovely beaches to exciting nightlife and rich cultural traditions, the island of Phuket (pronounced Pu-kit) is sure to provide vacationers with a lovely vacation experience.
Phuket accommodation is varied, and depending on when you arrive, you will find different things to do.
Some of the most fascinating elements of a trip to Phuket can be the festivals. There are one or two festivals every month celebrating cultural, sports, hobbyist or other special events or occasions. The Thai culture is traditionally very fun-loving, and this is evident in their festivals. The following list of top five festivals in Phuket is meant only as inspiration. You are encouraged to plan your trip accordingly or to find a festival that is right for you!
Top Five Festivals
1) Chinese New Year – January/February – Thailand is unique in that it has three new year’s celebrations – the Chinese New Year in January or February, the Buddhist New Year typically in March, and the Thai New Year, or Songkran, in April. The Chinese New Year celebrations involve colorful processions, entertainment on every corner, and incredible bargains. Chinese New Year is also all about food, and it is considered traditional to have a huge dinner with friends and family. Don’t forget the dragon dance through the streets!
2) Songkran – April 13-15 – The Thai New Year festival, Songkran is associated with the strange and hilarious custom of getting into water fights in the street. If you walk around tourist areas during Songkran, don’t wear anything you don’t want to be soaked with buckets of water! It is also an excellent time to visit Buddhist temples around Phuket, as monks will be ringing in the new year with various traditional ceremonies.
3) Vegetarian Festival – September/October – One of the largest festivals of the year, the Phuket Vegetarian Festival is based on the Buddhist belief that abstaining from meat during the 9th lunar month will help to bring peace of mind. This is a good time to visit the shrines around Phuket, of which there are over 40. Each will participate by preparing and serving a traditional vegetarian dish. Additionally, intense, traditional cleansing ceremonies such as firewalking and scarification are performed. Marketplaces across the island also serve delicious vegetarian fare.
4) Loy Krathong – November – Known as the “festival of lights,” Loy Krathong is one of the most beautiful festivals in Thailand. The waters around Phuket teem with homemade flower candles that look like fairy balloons floating around the sea. You can buy krathongs and set them afloat with personal items or locks of hair. It is believed that the little candle boat will carry your bad luck away into the ocean.
5) King’s Cup Regatta – December – A famous yachting event, the King’s Cup sees travelers and sportsmen from far and wide to enjoy the Southeast Asian island. This event also takes place during the Diamond Jubilee, the week-long birthday celebration of King Bhumibol Aduyadej, the longest reigning monarch in the world and ruler of Thailand. At the end of the race days, the streets are filled with parties and dancing, and it is all around an excellent time to visit Phuket.
No matter what kind of Phuket accommodation you find, any or all of these festivals will be an excellent time on the Thai island. Have fun planning your trip, and enjoy your stay in Phuket!
If you are going to an exotic country like Russia it is important to learn a few things in advance. First of all, it can be very important to learn about the history of the country and make sure you know where you are going. This is easy to do because you can browse many different websites online or read up in the encyclopedia. Also it is important to learn more about the cultural background of the country and make sure you stay on top of everything in terms of etiquette. Going for high quality russia visa support services can be essential for people so it is important to choose a company that can take care of you and your services. With great Russia Consulate Visas it is possible to find the best ideas for yourself and make sure you are on top of your game in everything. So make sure you know what to do and how to go into this country armed with the necessary documentation and knowledge.
Another important aspect of doing it right and having the best of times is planning the itinerary of your trip and making sure you know what you will do. When you Travel to Russia it is important to know where you will be staying and what you will be doing. Make sure you have hotels booked and know who will meet you at the airport. It is essential to remember about all this and find out everything beforehand.
Today more and more people are thinking about being eco friendly and choosing safe but affordable and green means of travelling. Choosing ForeverBuses.com can be a life changing even because it will introduce you into the world of wonderful coach buses rentals that can change your perspective of travelling. With the help of foreverbuses wedding bus rentals you can save lots of money and time and ensure you are on the right side of the game, not wasting your time and money while having fun at the same time. You can try out foreverbuses corporate charters which are a wonderful way for you to get around with your friends and family, laughing and having a good time. You can be sure to get to your destination in time with the most professional driver out there while being safe during your journey. So make sure you look at the number of services available.
Spain is well known for its sunny weather, beaches and fantastic cuisine. If you are thinking about taking a driving holiday Spain may be the perfect destination. One suggested location for a driving holiday is Malaga on the southern coast of Spain. Pick up a flight to Malaga, and collect a rental car at Malaga Airport from one of the many rental companies at the airport.
Due to the intense heat of the region of Andalucia, this trip is not recommended from June to August.
Day 1 Malaga to Granada
Driving from Malaga to Granada takes around 2 hours. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of the mountains of the Sierra Nevada with their snow topped peaks. In Granada allow a day to visit the amazing Moorish palace of Alhambra.
Day 2 Granada to Almeria
Almeria was the location for filming for the 3 spaghetti westerns starring Clint Eastwood which were filmed in the late 1960s. Stop off at Tabernas to see the film set. Almeria is the driest region of Spain, and inland much of the scenery is basically desert.
Day 3 Almeria to Malaga
Take the coastal route back from Almeria to Malaga, allowing time to stop off at a few of the coastal towns along the way such as the pretty holiday town of Nerja where it would be a shame to miss the famous Nerja Caves – Cuevas de Nerja. When you arrive back at Malaga, allow some time to explore the historic city with its Moorish architecture and old town.